ALL READY FOR THE RACES COME AUGUST 15th, 2015
Location: ICS (Irish Cultural Society), 6452 35 Ave NW, Calgary AB, Canada T3B 1S6
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN EITHER BUYING A HORSE ($20)
OR REALLY AMBITIOUS AND WANT TO BUY A RACE ($200)
- Race sponsorship (with recognition) is open to groups (companies, families, etc.) as well as individuals
1. NEW IN TOWN - Never met any of the Chieftains? Just arrived in town and worried about just showing up? Free yourself of any doubt. This is an organization built from people from all over Ireland and Canada and we welcome newcomers with open arms!
2. DRESS UP. We are having a contest for the best dressed lady / most dapper gent. (Hats recommended!)
3. CASH. Bring actual cash to the event (and lots of it!). There is no debit or bank machine on the site and it is a bit of a slog to go find one in Bowness.
4. CAR POOL or catch the Number 1. The ICS is west of downtown. Fill up your taxi, or for the bold and adventurous lot, the number 1 bus takes you only a few blocks from the venue.
5. HELP OUT! We are all volunteers, spending a considerable amount of our personal time and energy to make for an amazing night which will lead to a great season. If you want to assist in any way on the day or before the event, let us know by responding to firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to a committee member! We will definitely need help cleaning up at the end of the night! Also, everyone working the race night is a volunteer so remember to let them know how much you appreciate them!
Thanks so much in advance for your incredible support. It is going to be a fantastic evening!